So, what is extreme dieting? In simple terms, it’s when a person is dieting improperly and pushing his or her body far beyond its normal limits. It’s widely recognized as being not only unhealthy but unsafe. Many dieters don’t fully understand why the risk of this type of dieting is so great, however, through social media and other avenues, the word is now starting to get out.
In this article we are going to discuss some of the dangers of extreme dieting with the goal of educating the public on what can happen if you choose to take this route when attempting to lose weight.
The motivation to undertake some kind of extreme dieting varies from person to person. It can be anything from extreme frustration and disgust from a certain amount of weight that has been gained, to a desire to lose weight fast prior to some kind of important upcoming event.
Regardless of the reason, the decision to take this path can often result in some serious health and mental problems if not handled properly. One of the first problems that can arise is sluggishness and fatigue. This can quickly impact your performance at work, your ability to drive, and how you treat your family and friends. It is not uncommon for extreme dieters to suffer severe mood swings and some of these can even escalate into violence.
In addition to the mental impact, this form of dieting can cause some severe problems with your body. One good example would be difficulty with digestion. Your body needs certain foods and water in order to function properly when it comes to properly digesting food. If you fail to give it what it needs, the result can be gallbladder problems, poor digestion, and constipation just to name a few.
Unlike some of the topics that have been discussed thus far, nutritional cleansing is effective but rather gentle when it comes to losing weight. It does not generally produce some of the harsh side effects experienced with a number of hard dieting methods. You can learn more about its benefits and how it works via the following link: http://www.isaelite.com.au/top-7-benefits-of-nutritional-cleansing
One other major danger of this kind of dieting is the loss of body muscle. Under normal dieting, the bulk of the pounds you lose will come from fat. Numbers show that 75% is fat and the other 25% is from water and muscle. However, when you engage in major calorie cutting, your body is likely to have major muscle atrophy as it breaks down muscle protein to gain more energy. Over time, that can be extremely dangerous and can also cause some long term health problems.
Many professional organizations have advised against any form of extreme dieting or rapid reduction of calories. These steps should be only done under the care of a medical professional and reserved for individuals who are extremely overweight or suffering from some other kind of health ailment that requires immediate weight loss.