Neurological rehabilitation in Germany is a range of therapeutic interventions aimed at restoring working skills or ability to fulfill basic activities of daily living without outside assistance.
Neurological rehabilitation in Germany is a range of therapeutic interventions aimed at restoring working skills or ability to fulfill basic activities of daily living without outside assistance. The human organism has hidden reserves for recovery. The course of neurorehabilitation activates restorative mechanisms and increases significantly chances of returning to full life. Selected by the competent professionals, a neurological rehabilitation program stimulates the formation of the new neuromuscular and interneuronal connections in the brain and spinal cord, leading to functional improvement.
When the neurorehabilitation is resultant
The specialized neurological rehabilitation is an essential part of recovery after surgical interventions on the nervous system. It will also be useful in various diseases in the sphere of neurology:
- Cerebral palsy (long-lasting rehabilitation in children).
- Multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Traumatic injuries of the brain and spinal cord.
- Stroke, at all stages.
- Benign tumors of the brain and spinal cord.
- Polyneuropathy against the background of diabetes mellitus, alcohol intoxication, etc.
- Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, tremor of the unknown origin.
Courses of rehabilitation may last from few weeks to few months. In chronic conditions, maintaining therapy is performed on a permanent basis.
Phases of the neurorehabilitation
In Germany, the suitable phase of therapy is determined by results of the neurological examination and instrumental tests (CT, MRI, functional neurophysiological tests). Based on the received data, the Barthel index is calculated. It assesses the functional independence of patients with neurological conditions in performing activities of daily living.
Phase A is rehabilitation at the acute stage of the pathology. A patient usually stays in the intensive care unit, is under constant medical supervision.
Phase B is early rehabilitation that is performed when the Barthel index is under 25. Therapeutic interventions are carried out on an inpatient basis when a patient stays in a usual room.
Phase C is the follow-up rehabilitation that is performed when the Barthel index reaches 35-65. A patient receives treatment without 24-hour stay in the hospital, on an outpatient basis.
Phase D is the final, maintaining rehabilitation that is carried out in when the Barthel index reaches 70-100. It is typically performed in the specialized clinics or on the outpatient basis and followed by the maintenance therapy at home.
Range of the therapeutic techniques
Rehabilitation in Germany is characterized by using of the complementary recovery procedures, systematic character, and involving specialists in the diverse medical fields. The range of applied techniques includes:
- Physiotherapy and manual techniques: massage and lymphatic drainage massage, fangotherapy, hydrotherapy, PNF-method, Castillo-Morales method, kinesiology, craniosacral therapy, synergistic reflexology, etc.
- Cognitive techniques: Ayres’ sensory integration, Perfetti method, Doman-Delacato technique, Brain-Gym, etc.
- Physical exercises: ergotherapy, Bobath concept, Affolter method, basal stimulation, Brugger method, Feldenkrais method, Vojta therapy, Klapp gymnastics, TAMO therapy, Kegel exercises, etc.
- Art therapy: music therapy, classes according to Peto, etc.
- Psychological support during the individual consultations or work in groups.
Neurological rehabilitation in Germany with Booking Health
Neurological rehabilitation in Germany attracts patients from other countries, although for the foreigners it is connected with certain difficulties. In such a situation, international patients may receive the assistance of the certified medical tourism provider – Booking Health.
Booking Health supports a patient and his relatives in all aspects of receiving treatment abroad:
- Choosing the hospital and treating physician.
- Preparing a medical program in advance, discussing and explaining its stages.
- Booking the appointment, single or double room in the rehabilitation center.
- Monitoring the treatment process at all stages.
- Help in buying and forwarding of novel medical products.
- Excluding overpricing and additional coefficients for foreign patients (saving up to 50%).
- Communication with the clinic after treatment completion, discussing results of the follow-up tests with treating physician during distant consultations.
- Control of the final calculation and return of unspent funds.
- Offering the organizational service of the highest level: booking plane tickets and accommodation for the accompanying person, transfer organization.
Leave the request on the official website of Booking Health, and a medical consultant will contact you the same day to discuss details of the trip.