Do you feel like you fall on the shorter end of the average height spectrum? You’re not alone. Many people are short because of a variety of reasons such as genetic predisposition, lack of childhood nutrition, and disorders of the pituitary gland.
In this post, you’ll learn more about human growth hormones or HGH, so you have a better understanding of its role when it comes to attaining overall health and wellness.
What Is HGH?
Growth hormone (GH) is also called somatotropin or human growth hormone (HGH), which is an important hormone to promote proper development, stimulating growth. This peptide hormone is produced, stored, and released by the pituitary gland.
Benefits of Human Growth Hormone
Growth hormone therapy or injections of HGH help people who were diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. It is used with steroids to enhance athletic performance and increase muscle size. Also, GH has anti-aging effects, and it’s believed to increase testosterone levels. Indeed, HGH has a lot of benefits. Are you interested in HGH treatment? You can check out HGH online here.
Here are the benefits of HGH:
- Improve Bone Density: Growth hormone help reduce the risk of fractures. It also helps maintain bone density among postmenopausal women who have osteoporosis.
- Increase Exercise Capacity: Exercise can help optimize growth hormone function, increasing growth hormone levels. Taking HGH can further increase exercise capacity, so you have more energy during intense training.
- Reduce Body Fat: HGH is considered a fat-killing hormone or lipolytic. GH increases uptake of amino acid and protein synthesis and decreases protein oxidation, which plays a role in fat metabolism. It enhances fat utilization by stimulating the breakdown of triglyceride and fat oxidation, so it means that it interacts with fat or adipose tissue and reduces and redistributes body fat.
- Build Muscle Mass: Aside from good nutrition, taking human growth hormone or HGH injection helps to build, maintain, and repair damaged tissues in the brain and other internal organs. It aids in healing after an injury. Also, it repairs muscle tissue after exercise. HGH builds muscle mass, as well as boost metabolism and improve skin appearance.
Effects of Too High or Too Low HGH
Hypersecretion or too high amounts of growth hormone in the body may cause gigantism in children and acromegaly or abnormal growth patterns in adults. On the other hand, hyposecretion or too little growth hormone may cause a slow growth rate in children, and changes in cholesterol levels, bone strength, and muscle mass in adults. Testogen is a natural testosterone booster supplement for men
Emerging Technology and Trends to Help People Become Taller
The average height for American adults ages 20 years old and over is 5 feet 9 inches for men and 5 feet 4 inches for women. However, some people are short because of genetics, nutrition, and medical reasons. With the advancement of medical technology, distraction osteogenesis can help lengthen the bones and help you get taller by a few inches.
This surgical procedure was originally developed for treating dwarfism or those with uneven leg lengths. Distraction osteogenesis involves breaking the bone and stretching or separating it for a long position. It is also used in treating facial disorders, where the skull, chin, or jaw grows in a different direction or have incorrect size.
However, a surgical procedure can be painful, and the recovery period is long. It’s a good thing that injectable human growth hormone is available to help people grow taller without undergoing painful surgery, like distraction osteogenesis. But remember that most people won’t grow anymore after age 18, so it’s best to take HGH injections before this age. There are people who may still grow taller up to 22 years old because of the growth plates normally close until this age.
Role of HGH in Quality of Life
Deficiency in human growth hormone among adults affects mental and emotional well-being, which can hamper the quality of life. Adults who were diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency usually exhibit signs and symptoms of depression.
Growth hormone replacement therapy is a recommended treatment for adult GH deficiency to help reduce depression and resume normal daily activities with energy. It will help people perform their daily tasks with ease and confidence. Because of HGH treatment, the muscles increase in size or build greater mass with leads to increases in strength and energy levels.
Here are the findings of a study about quality of life (both children and adults and growth hormone therapy:
- Adults underwent open-label trials, which showed improvement in the quality of life (QOL) with growth hormone treatment.
- The psychological status of children was addressed with GH treatment and improved QOL.
The growth hormone doesn’t only play a role in making an individual taller. Also, it can affect your mental and emotional well-being, which s highly beneficial for adults. Deficiency in growth hormone won’t only stunt growth but also affect a person’s cognitive function and emotional state, leading to depression. HGH treatment can help treat growth hormone deficiency, improve muscle mass, promote healthier skin, and improve a person’s quality of life.