Jonesboro is a small city in Georgia, with a population of around 5,000 residents as of 2019, and the seat of Clayton County. The area was the fictional setting for the classic movie Gone with the Wind. People who move in the neighborhood love its small-town charm, the diversity of the cuisine, its proximity to Atlanta, and the welcoming nature of the residents.
Jonesboro also offers all the amenities that you could wish for in a small town. It has shopping malls, public parks, restaurants, and highly rated schools. You can even find a Chiropractor in Jonesboro, GA, for manual alignment, spine adjustment, or treatment of neuromuscular conditions.
The chiropractor industry is a burgeoning market, especially outside of North America. Presently, the United States is still dominating the sector. For instance, out of the estimated 100,000 practitioners worldwide, around 45,000 of them are practicing in 39,000 establishments in the US. According to estimates, the global industry is worth around $13 billion.
But how do you know when to see a chiropractor? What are the signs and symptoms to look out for?
- Chronic back pain, or when you feel a sudden sharp pain shooting through your legs
- When the pain radiates through your legs or arms
- When you feel overall weakness on your extremities
- When you feel numbness on your legs
- Your legs or arms have a tingling sensation
- When your weight drops without any clear cause
- Intense pain, particularly if you’re lying down
- When your sleep is disturbed by the pain you feel
- There is redness or swelling in the area where you experienced the most pain
- When you have difficulty moving, particularly after an injury or a sports activity
- You experienced a chronic headache, which might be a symptom of misaligned spine or neck
- Muscle pain, which can be caused by musculoskeletal misalignment
- When your range of motion is limited, such as not being able to rotate your arms fully
- When the soles of your shoes are not wearing down equally
- When you’re involved in a recent motor crash. The trauma of the accident might have caused some neuromusculoskeletal functions to be affected.
If you’re living a sedentary lifestyle, or if you’re sitting on your chair in front of your computer for long periods of time, it’s recommended that you see a chiropractor in Jonesboro immediately.
Even if you’re not feeling any of the symptoms, a consultation will serve as a precautionary measure to avoid developing any of the ill-effects.
How Often Should You See One?
There is no fixed number of times you should visit the chiropractor. But it’s recommended that you make it your regular habit. Typically, after you complete the first session, the professional will ask you to come back on a specific period. You may benefit from a weekly visit or a monthly visit. It really depends on the condition of your health. Most of the patients will tell you that the experience can be addictive, and for the most part, that statement is true.
However, you should not rely solely on chiropractic care for wellness. It is better if you also refrain from drinking or smoking, exercise, eat nutritious food, and get plenty of sleep to achieve optimal health.