Selecting a detox program for your particular needs is the first and foremost part of overcoming an alcohol or drug addiction journey. According to a national survey by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrations (SAMHSA), more than 24.6 million Americans have engaged in illicit drug use at least once in the last 30 days. These people become addicted to a particular drug and require a detox treatment at some point in their lives. There are some factors that one needs to consider when it comes to choosing a detox program, such as staff training, program quality, and the ability to cater to one’s specific needs.
You have to be aware of while choosing the sort of treatment you want to get. Because it has a big hand in your journey towards long-term sobriety. There are several detox programs available for you, and the one you choose has to be the one that you really need. Let’s see what type of detox programs are available for different kinds of individuals:
- Physician’s Office: There are times when individuals like to go on with their primary care physicians for their detox treatment. In such a situation, the practitioner has to ensure that it’s safe for them to go through detox on an outpatient basis. For certain instances, outpatient detox treatment is beneficial.
- Outpatient Treatment: In this type of treatment, the organization regularly sets scheduled detox sessions in an office or clinic setting. You can continue to live at home and engage in your daily activities while going through this program. The clinicians are trained and provide supervised support as per your symptoms. Such as Bright Future Recovery ( www.brightfuturerecovery.com) – A Detox Program near Santa Cruz, California can help with such services.
- Urgent Care: People who are in acute need can take assistance from urgent care or emergency departments. This department is ideal when you are in crisis, and you need an urgent care facility. However, this department is not a complete solution as they don’t offer you adequate psychological; support that you need in the detox process.
- Medically Monitored Inpatient Treatment: Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals tend to take care of the patient in this setting. It makes sure that the patient is medically stable. Trained medical doctors will prescribe the medications for the patient, and this setting happens to be costlier than others.
- Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization: These programs work closely with medical partners to provide clinical care for all levels of detox to the patients. They are more intensive than standard outpatient detox.
- The Advantages of Telemedicine with Addiction Treatment
- How Can I Prevent Getting Addicted to Opioids?
- Role of resilience in Addiction Recovery
Things to Consider While Choosing the Best Body Detox Program
Commitment to sobriety is what a good detox program sticks to. The program should provide you with a foundation so that you can get the chance to improve yourself from an ongoing substance abuse treatment.
Substance abusers have no time to wait. They need immediate services. A detox program that is good should have immediate resources to accommodate someone ready to get help. If the detox center takes time to begin the treatment, you need to have second thoughts. Is this organization even good?
Various Detox Services
A detox service center should come up with various detox programs. A single program is not universally effective. Individuals who need help might need help from various resources. Hence make sure that the program includes various services.
Properly Trained Staffs
A detox program is not an ideal one when it doesn’t incorporate a team of trained and certified doctors, nurses, and support staff. Make sure that they come with legitimate certifications such as Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS). The specialist’s minimum education requirements should be met, and he or she should be supervising at least three years in the field.
Evidence-based Treatment Protocols
Make sure the program you choose comes with evidence-based treatment protocols. Longevity and scientifically proven effectiveness are a must for the program to incorporate. Programs that are only starting out in the industry don’t own these aspects. As a result, insurance providers don’t support them. Make sure the program comes with evidence-based treatment protocols.
Do not join a program without asking for references. Check reviews for that specific program on the internet. Make sure it has a good industry reputation. A program that has a good industry reputation is bound to provide good services to its patients.
The program you choose should provide you convenient services that set your mind at peace, not at uneasiness. You are joining the program to find peace, not some trouble. Make sure you have the comfort and compatibility with staff. Make sure you trust them. If you are not comfortable with the program, you should not join it. You are on your way to make yourself better, and if you are not comfortable with authority, the thing is never possible.