Your gut is filled with trillions of different bacteria that are beneficial to your health. Believe it or not, your digestive tract is home to both good and bad bacteria. The balance between these two types of bacteria is important for your body to stay healthy. Without it, health problems can arise—and that’s where probiotics for men come in.
Probiotics for men are supplements filled with healthy bacteria and yeast that are specifically made for men and promote your digestive system’s health. Probiotics do this by neutralizing bad bacteria and bringing your digestive health back to a healthy balance.
How Can You Throw Off Your Gut’s Bacterial Balance?
Your stomach is a very sensitive environment, so it’s pretty easy to knock your gut’s bacterial balance off if you’re not careful. This can be caused by choices in diet, choices in lifestyle, and different environmental reasons. Some of the ways you can knock off your gut’s bacterial balance include:
- Drinking excessive alcohol: Men are two times more likely to have a drinking problem than women. Drinking alcohol extensively damages your stomach’s bacterial balance in several ways, one of which is by causing your digestive tract to become inflamed. Inflammation in your stomach will lead to physical discomfort, bloating, diarrhea, as well as kill your gut bacteria.
- Too much stress: Stress can be both good or bad, but too much can take a toll on your body. Most of the problems related to stress come from cortisol and adrenaline. Stress is a silent killer, especially in men who don’t handle stress how they should and choose to ignore it. An inflamed digestive tract is an inadequate living environment for healthy intestinal bacteria.
- Lack of exercise: Obesity affects at least three quarters of men. Not exercising enough can lead to a range of health problems, which can impact you and the bacteria in your stomach. If you don’t exercise regularly, there’s a big chance that your intestinal bacteria are paying the price.
- Not getting enough sleep: Inadequate sleep will lead to an excessive stress response, and this change can affect the balance of your intestinal bacteria. This can lead to problems like inflammation, metabolic disorders, and an impaired immune system.
Although throwing off your gut’s bacterial balance can be easy, restoring its health is also pretty simple. Probiotics help bring your gut’s health back to balance. The problem with probiotics is there are so many options out there when it comes to helpful probiotics for men and so many ways you can consume them.
Things You Should Consider When Choosing Probiotics For Men
- Aim For The Best Quality
Probiotics are sold as supplements, similar to the way vitamins and herbs are. Thus, they’re not regulated or checked for safety by the Food and Drug Administration, unlike the way drugs are. Because of this, a lot of false information can be printed on the labels. This can make probiotics dangerous, which is why you should stick to a brand you can trust. Ask your doctor and see if they have any specific brand recommendations. You can also do your research online and see what brands get the highest customer satisfaction ratings.
- Count The CFUs
CFU stands for colony forming units. They tell you how much bacteria each dose of probiotics contains. If you don’t get enough CFUs, you’ll just be wasting your time. On the other hand, buying probiotics with too many CFUs can be a waste of money. Your best option is to ask your doctor for a recommended dose.
- Make Sure They’re Safe For You
Most people won’t have a problem taking probiotics. But be extremely cautious if you have serious health problems or if your immune system is weak as this can leave your body prone to infections. Make sure you check with your doctor to see if probiotics are safe for you, especially if you’re planning on giving them to an infant if they’re sick.
- Check For Multiple Strains
Probiotics that contain multiple strains are more effective than single-strain probiotics. This is because different bacteria have different effects on your body. Always check the labels to see if the probiotics you’re buying are multi or single strain. The more strains a probiotic contains, the more effective it will be.
- Check For Adequate Packaging
Many probiotic brands sell their probiotics in bottles. Although this might seem like a good and convenient idea, this type of packaging exposes them to humidity and air, which can cause them to deteriorate over time.
Probiotics And The Future
Recently, the development of high-tech devices has made it possible for scientists to identify organisms from the DNA within the host organism and determine which ones can provide the health benefits desired. This technology is called molecular biology. There are several methods of doing this, including DNA fingerprinting, genetic analysis, and other molecular approaches. In simpler terms, this technology helps in defining the complexity of gut flora, which is important in probiotics and probiotic therapy.
Your body needs a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria to keep itself healthy. When this bacterial balance is upset, it can be fixed with probiotics. Probiotics for men are specially dedicated to help them balance their gut bacteria. Although probiotics are extremely beneficial, they can also be dangerous to people with serious health issues or a weak immune system. This is why you should always consult a doctor before consuming any probiotics.