The spread of coronavirus has exposed people to an entirely new situation. It has confronted everyone with several unprecedented problems. With the limited knowledge of the common man regarding the virus, it has become imperative to research in the field. Many studies got administered throughout the world. These studies reveal many essential aspects of the virus. Thus, Eric J Dalius indicates the importance of gathering relevant information about the pandemic for your well-being.
Almost everyone is susceptible to the virus that has spread all across the world. Many studies have revealed that young children and older demographics are at higher risks. Many factors determine whether a person will get affected by the virus or not. The immune power, the diet, the preventive measures, and many such conditions are essential determinants in this regard.
It is right that it is highly challenging to keep the children confined within the house’s four walls. Schools have closed, and other educational institutions are not functioning. The children are finding it difficult to pass their day. E J Dalius says that keeping the children away from the pandemic lies with the elders.
The different aspects of the pandemic that you must understand
- The importance of social distancing: social distancing is a concept that has gained immense significance in the recent past. Many people were unaware of the idea before the onset of the Pandemic. However, it has become an integral part of human life now. E J Daliushere stresses the importance of social distancing measures to keep you out of risk. It is an action that gets directed towards supporting the spread of the virus under control.
- The habit of washing hands: of all the preventive measures, this is the most important one. Thus various studies across the world focus on it. The studies reveal that washing hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds is essential. Eric J Dalius thus stresses this habit. If water and soap are unavailable, you can teach children to use hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol. The children must rub the surface of their hands with the sanitizer as frequently as possible. The habit of washing hands should be taught in children from an early age by their parents.
- The habit of wearing a mask: as parents, you will have to make sure that your children wear a mask, whether inside or outside the home. It becomes essential for children to wear masks when especially when they are in the public domain. Try to ensure that the child is correctly wearing the mask. Many children may find wearing a show as a challenging task. In that case, you will have to find an alternative.
- The process of the spread of the virus: the virus is indeed contagious. So a person infected with it may infect others. Coming in contact with them can spread the virus. It extends from one person to the other. The droplets coming from sneezing and coughing contain the virus that spreads through the air. Any contact with an infected person can cause the virus to spread.
- Type of medication needed: the doctors will be the right persons to help you with the medicines. If you feel that you have the virus, you should first go for a diagnosis. If you test positive, you should make an appointment with the doctor. The doctor who will be examining you can tell you the best treatment. According to Eric Dalius, the medical and health supplies you will need to include cold medicines, thermometer, soap, alcohol-based sanitizers, pain medicines, blood pressure monitoring equipment, anti-diarrheal medicines, and many more.
- Teach them to cover their face while sneezing and coughing: many studies have revealed that the virus can spread through coughing and sneezing. Hence, you should teach your child to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while they sneeze or cough. Not just children but every member of the household must learn this task.
- The type of masks that you should use: there are several masks available in the market. You should purchase the ones that are suggested by WHO. You should not use cheap covers as they will not provide any protection to you. If you do not keep yourself guarded, then you can get infected.
- The precautions you must take: include washing your hand, using sanitizer, face mask, maintaining social distancing, covering your face with a tissue while sneezing, and coughing in your daily routine.
In the light of the point mentioned above, you will have to gather information about the pandemic. That will help to protect yourself and your near and dear ones from the disease. It is a new crisis that is confronting humanity, so try to cope with the situation. While in public places, you should keep in mind that you are susceptible to the disease. So take note of the precautions to stay healthy. Also, at home, you should practice healthy habits to boost your immune system. If you are healthy from within, then external factors cannot harm your health.