The technology that has transformed the meaning of convenience in today’s time is a Smartphone. Mobile application development services for Smartphones are revolutionizing the entire healthcare ecosystem by enhancing service quality and communication. Such engineering services are the main drivers of such a revolution as they will facilitate matchmaking between traditional sectors and mobile technology. Few reports even indicate that the industry of mobile health will mount a market size that will go beyond 62 billion US dollars by the year 2021. Healthcare applications are a real boon to the current medical industry. Stay tuned for more details.
Ways mobile medical apps changing healthcare technology
Today we will find 318,000 and beyond health applications in app stores globally. Almost 80% of US consumers think that technology is crucial for proper health management. These stats make us realize the importance of healthcare mobile apps for patients. Listed down are few benefits of mobile application development services to healthcare businesses.
- Better coordination – Hospital staff and all healthcare professionals can coordinate in a better manner with mobile apps. Healthcare mobile apps for patients can even streamline processes between varied departments and labs within identical premises. Directly communicating the diagnosis to patients for prescribing applicable medications will be hassle-free for doctors. A mobile health app can notify patients and doctors regarding upcoming appointments. The apps can even offer updates to nurses about the ongoing treatment of patients and notify them about due medications.
- Facilitating instant access – Custom patient apps for improved healthcare also has the option of scheduling online appointments for patients. Such features are very convenient for patients who find it difficult to move out of the house. Waiting in lengthy queues at the hospital for some patients is not always possible. All that they need to do now is download the healthcare mobile application on their Smartphone and form an account. Patients can then seamlessly talk about their health issues.
- Hassle-free wearable integration for data collection – The present healthcare industry is at its peak due to the benefits of mobile health apps. There is nothing these apps cannot do for simplifying the various healthcare processes for both patients and doctors. These mobile applications can easily integrate with pedometers that are high-quality wearables for gathering data like blood pressure and pulse rate. These apps also collect ongoing updates regarding a patient’s health via wearables. The updates even get saved in the database.
- Handling emergency cases efficiently – Healthcare providers and hospice can now provide suitable mobile healthcare applications that can amazingly tackle all emergency cases. The apps work by notifying the doctors regarding the emergency following which the doctor will receive vital information on his Smartphone device. By this doctors not just will be able to save time but also prepare everything in advance for the emergency. A custom app can even assist doctors in speeding up the treatment and documentation process.
- Rewarding business opportunity – Healthcare industry is the only industry that is still on the course of embracing automation technologies. The introduction of robust technologies such as IoT, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain in healthcare applications is no less than a boon. This is driving several budding entrepreneurs to take interest in this field even more. Healthcare mobile apps for patients are assisting healthcare workers in developing a brand, enhance profits and customer experience.
- Decision-making at its best – What would you do and who do you ask before getting medical help from a hospital before the emergence of smartphones? Advertisements, references from friends, hoardings, and doctor’s name and qualifications were the factors that drove your decision. But today mobile medical apps changing medical technology for the better. You just need to sign in to one of the healthcare mobile applications where you can gain information regarding the reviews and ratings of a service provider. By this, you will also know whether you are associating with a reliable doctor or not.
- Fresh business models – The various healthcare mobile apps for patients help in developing a more efficient business model. It includes better interaction with all patients, confidentiality management of patient data, and online appointments. Hospital officials can also keep track of statistics such as fund allocation and room availability. A dedicated mobile health application can automate procedures linked to payments and insurance procedures. The healthcare providers are also utilizing features such as registration forms for patients, mobile apps verification. They are doing this to attracting more consumers and enhancing the service quality offered to end-users.
- Recording important symptoms with the use of Smartphones – Present Google PlayStore is a storehouse of several efficient patient apps for improved healthcare. These apps carry the potential of recording heartbeat and blood pressure just with the help of a Smartphone. The apps can even detect various abnormalities that might be present in DNA. The sensors can also help in detecting antibodies. Both new and present technologies can be associated with Smartphones for improving their capabilities.
- E-medical records – Technology is paving the way for several healthcare mobile applications that enable people to upload and put in their medical history. Most of these applications are cloud-based which makes information highly secured. Seamless integration of all that information across numerous devices is also possible.
Suppose an individual who is under the diagnosis of one specific doctor shifts to another city. But this never means that the person will need to share every detail with the next doctor from scratch. When the app already contains the medical history of that patient, the doctor can easily take a look into the patient’s profile from the app.
Technology trends that are a must for 2021
Varied technologies are emerging every other day in the present era which is crafting new aspects of application development. Mobile technology in healthcare must never simply be restricted to scheduling appointments. Patients must receive useful information from it so that they receive help in real-time. This calls for utilizing the correct technology trends for custom mobile application development. Developers presenting mobile application development services can easily incorporate such trends in your mobile healthcare app. Let us learn about various trends.
- Augmented Reality – AR or Augmented Reality is the real world’s digitally formatted edition. Its function is to gather videos and images from today’s real-world to expand it. Mobile apps that are designed with this technology can surprisingly enhance the efficiency and experience of practical patient care and training. It can even kindle the real-life experience of a particular diagnosis or surgery for assisting doctors in better realizing the feasibility.
- Artificial Intelligence – Today’s healthcare system can benefit a lot from Artificial Intelligence. When it comes to doctors, they can use this technology through healthcare mobile apps for patients for taking data-driven resolutions. The entire efficiency of a treatment process can enhance with AI.
- Blockchain – Blockchain technology is something that employs a peer-to-peer catalogue for saving verified records of every transaction. This technology is now extensively utilized for healthcare mobile applications for recording and saving the medical history of patients in the form of encryption.
- Big Data Analytics – The technology of Big Data enhances the benefits of mobile health apps even more. Big Data offers sufficient stats, numbers, and data, and processing all this via sophisticated software is possible. It can assist hospital owners and doctors in handling a massive amount of resources and records that discards the requirement for paperwork.
- IoT – The Internet of Things or IoT technology works by connecting varied applications, software, and electronic devices to gather data. It even manages procedures across various platforms. IoT integration in mobile technology in healthcare helps doctors in collecting valuable information regarding a patient’s present health status, dosages, and medicine. This also includes the dosages that will ultimately help in monitoring the entire treatment progress.
- Virtual Reality – Virtual Reality is another such technology that is assisting the healthcare industry in numerous ways. Doctors can get hands-on effective visualization while examining with the help of VR technology. This technology can craft 2D images that find their wide utilization in MRI scans. This technology even assists in the treatment of eyesight problems and dementia. The prominent use of Virtual Reality in today’s healthcare industry is the utilization of visual training for all kinds of medical operations. Budding doctors can undergo training by employing VR and there won’t be any risk to human life. An expert doctor can utilize this technology for understanding human autonomy in a better manner.
With the stats, facts, and trends, it is clear that the industry of Healthcare mobile apps for patients is a highly rewarding investment. People from the medical industry or medical facilities must aim to upgrade their organization’s functioning with Mobile application development services. We are here to provide you with optimum results with healthcare application development services. Our team always delivers the most suitable application for assisting medical businesses to function with more efficiency and connectivity. Connect with us to build a healthcare app today.