Ear wax gets formed in the ear canals. Its occurrence is healthy and normal. But oftentimes, excess build-ups of earwax can be quite uncomfortable. There are often people who complain about temporary hearing loss. Even if there are so many over-the-counter earwax drainage options that are available to buy, there are some natural ear wax removal options available at home too that can be helpful too for clearing the outer ear canals and thus get rid of excess wax.
Different natural ear wax removal can be helpful
It is quite easy to use baking soda to remove the ear wax at home. This includes:
- Take1/2 teaspoon of the baking soda and dissolve it well in the water.
- The water must be a little warm and around 2 ounces.
- Upon tilting the head on the side, the solution must be dropped gently.
- 5 to 10 drops are sufficient for the better results
- The solution must be left as it is for at least an hour and later should be flushed out with water.
- Using this solution once a day till the hole ear wax gets cleaned up is advised.
This is another incredible option that is used for natural ear wax removal at home. Nearly 3% of the hydrogen peroxide is needed for clearing this ear wax. Also, there are some other steps to be followed. This includes:
- Using the hydrogen peroxide of around 3 prevents putting it inside the ear.
- For the right position, tilt the head on one side and drip the content
- It is important to keep the head tilted on the side for the next 5 minutes
- The peroxide will slowly start penetrating the wax
- For effective results, it should be used once a day for the next two weeks.
Home remedies that can increase the potentiality of dangers
Even if the above-mentioned options can do wonders to remove the earwax but few things need to be avoided. Some of them are:
- Avoiding small objects. Options like bobby pins and pin caps may sound tempting to clean the wax but anything small and put in the ear increases the risk of hearing loss.
- Cotton swabs are also the most common option that people often use. It looks safe but since they are quite small, they increase the damage risk.
- Ear candles need to be avoided too. There has been debate on the use of these options as many believe that it is effective. But there are risks of injuries such as punctured eardrums and burns. That is why it is important to avoid it completely.
Often people try to be quite aggressive when it comes to removing the wax from the ears. This eventually leads to hearing issues. If ear wax has been a frequent problem, then it requires the right and immediate action. Even if the earwax removal is safe, there have been some scenarios that need quite the attention of the doctor. Even if the above-stated home remedies don’t work then expert guidance is highly recommended.