While often going unnoticed, a healthy prostate is important for the overall wellness of every man. Playing a role in urinary and sexual functions, the prostate is a small gland located below the bladder. While small, this gland is prone to cancer and other health conditions. However, by protecting your prostate with a healthy diet, regular exercise, and prostate health supplements (such as Prostate 911) you can ensure the long-term health of your prostate.
But what exactly does the prostate do? And how can a health supplement protect this vital gland? Here, we’re answering these questions and more so that every man—regardless of age—is more aware of his body and knows what it takes to keep it healthy and functioning. Read on to learn more about protecting your prostate.
WHAT IS THE PROSTATE?
The prostate is a small gland below the bladder in men. Roughly the size of a walnut, the prostate is responsible for producing the fluid that protects and enables semen to be transported from the body. As part of the male reproductive system, it also plays a role in proper sexual wellness and urinary functioning.
THREATS TO PROSTATE HEALTH
Doctors have identified three primary threats to a man’s healthy prostate: prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and prostate cancer. While of the three only prostate cancer can be life-threatening (although it is generally a slow, non-aggressive cancer), all these health conditions can lead to urinary or sexual problems. Here, we’re taking a closer look at each of the top three threats to a healthy prostate:
- Prostatitis: This condition is characterized by inflammation or infection of the prostate. An individual with prostatitis may experience painful and frequent urination or even lower back pain. Antibiotics generally can treat this issue.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): This condition refers to the enlargement of the prostate that occurs naturally as most men grow older. When BPH occurs, it places stress on the urethra, which can cause problems with normal urination. Over time, BPH can also lead to bladder, kidney, or urinary tract issues. There are several treatment options for benign prostatic hyperplasia, depending on your age and the size of the enlargement. Common treatments include the prescription of alpha-blockers, reductase inhibitors, or minimally invasive surgery or laser therapy.
- Prostate cancer: after skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer for men. Usually, this occurs in older men but may affect even younger men. Prostate cancer tends to be slow-growing cancer, non-aggressive cancer; however, in some cases, it may spread beyond the prostate gland. Early detection is critical when it comes to combating prostate cancer, which is why men in their 40’s should begin scheduling regular prostate screenings. Treatment options for this type of cancer include radiation therapy, chemotherapy, cryotherapy, or surgery.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PROSTATE
There are many ways to ward off these threats to your prostate and to ensure better prostate health even as you grow older. Here are three relatively easy ways to protect your prostate and boost your overall health:
- Healthy diet: a healthy, balanced diet is essential for prostate health and your overall health and wellness. Try to aim for a balance of natural foods with at least five servings of fruits and veggies each day. Leafy greens in particular are powerful for your diet. You should also incorporate whole grains, including bread and pasta, and a variety of healthy fats, such as avocados, nuts, or olive oil. Avoid red meat and processed foods as much as you can.
- Regular exercise: exercise is another core component of maintaining a healthy prostate. You don’t necessarily need to transform into a bodybuilder. Getting about an hour a day of moderate exercise is all you need to maintain good health and help to protect your prostate. Running, jogging, yoga, or using light weights are all ideal options.
- Vitamin D: did you know that getting a tan can protect your prostate? Well, it’s not exactly that simple. Vitamin D, found naturally in sunlight, is critical for overall health (Vitamin D supplements are also commonly available). Vitamin D supports a healthy immune system, bone development and health, and some studies even suggest it may promote better prostate health.
PROSTATE HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS – PROSTATE 911
In addition to a healthy diet and moderate exercise, many men turn to prostate health supplements for an extra boost. Prostate health supplements, such as Prostate 911, treat potential prostate issues at the source by giving your body what it needs. With organic, all-natural ingredients, including Pygeum, saw palmetto extract, green tea leaf extract, and a variety of essential vitamins and nutrients, these specially designed health supplements can protect your prostate and promote better overall health.
Many people may simply sit back and wait for health problems to develop. If you feel good now, what’s the cause for concern? Well, this approach isn’t exactly effective as prostate issues may naturally develop over time. Instead, it’s recommended that you take an aggressive approach toward protecting your prostate. By incorporating a prostate health supplement as part of your daily diet, you’ll be promoting better health before issues even have a chance to develop. This approach can also encourage better all-around health.
CONCLUSION – HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PROSTATE WITH PROSTATE 911
The prostate plays an important role in the urinary functioning and sexual wellness of all men. While prostate health issues become more prevalent as you age, every man should take steps to protect their prostate and work toward optimizing their overall health. There are several health issues that can affect your prostate; however, by making smart lifestyle choices and maintaining an active, healthy life, you can prevent these issues and ensure good prostate health.