Some people may experience irregular heartbeat but they do not pay heed to it considering it a normal symptom. In fact, it should be taken care of with utmost priority. This condition is called atrial fibrillation. There are no possible causes behind this condition. When the heart beats way too fast, the irregular heartbeat may lead to blood clots ultimately resulting in brain stroke so it must not be taken lightly. In silent atrial fibrillation, there are no obvious signs and people are generally unaware of the common symptoms.
The symptoms are mostly associated with other conditions so people generally confuse between the other illnesses. The following signs can be checked so that you can pay a visit to the doctor right away
- Extreme tiredness
- Lack of energy
- Fast pulse
- Racing heartbeat
- Urination incontinence
If a person notices the above-mentioned symptoms then the doctor may run a series of tests to confirm. After confirmation, the doctor may put forward possible options for the treatment.
The doctor first counts the number of heartbeats to see any indicators of this condition. Tests like EKG and ECG may catch heart issues instantly. It is important to note that some people may experience Afib temporarily and this condition may go away with time on its own without any proper treatment but some people who face this issue for a long time need a series of treatments to manage this condition. If left untreated, there may be many chances of possible brain strokes in the future.
With the latest advancement in technology, it is possible to treat an irregular heartbeat with various methods.
- Medicines – medications like Eliquis are prescribed to treat such heart conditions. Doctors prescribe such medicines to lower the heartbeat back to normal. You can easily get free coupon for Elquis 5 mg by logging on to the website of pricepro pharmacy.
- Electrical cardioversion – in this procedure anaesthesia is given to the patient and electrical shock is given to the heart so that can go back to normal
- Catheter ablation – it is a keyhole surgery in which the anesthetic destroys the dead or weak tissues of the heart causing Afib
- Pacemaker – a small device is implanted in the chest of the patient. The device contains a battery that helps the heart to beat at a normal rate
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator – it is also a type of pacemaker. The difference between a normal pacemaker and a cardioverter is that it gives light electrical shocks to the heart whenever needed to bring the heartbeat back to normal
Prevention is better than cure. You must exercise daily and eat healthy to lead a normal lifestyle. Eat as few carbs as possible to keep the heart alive and active for a longer period of time. It is better to adopt a healthy lifestyle in your early teenage years to avoid any cardiovascular diseases in the future. Eating fruits and vegetables daily can lower the cholesterol level which keeps the heart to beat at a normal pace.