If you wish to know about homeopathy and holistic medicine, then you have come to the right place. A lot of people consider homeopathy and holistic medicine to be the same or use the terms interchangeably, when in fact, they are similar to some extent, but distinctly diverse methodologies. Holistic medicine is a broad term used to define a range of treatments.
Holistic medicines are used to treat the patient as a whole person by keeping in mind their overall physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing. Homeopathic medicine is an approach to treating an illness that uses natural remedies and also emphasizes the whole treatment. This post will help you understand the actual concept behind both methodologies and treatments.
What Is a Holistic Approach?
Holistic is an umbrella term that consists of a range of treatments and medicines. It may consist of massage therapy and chiropractic care, aromatherapy, herbal therapies (naturopathy), and many more.
What Is a Holistic Practitioner?
A practitioner (holistic doctor) with a holistic approach not only treats the symptoms but also tries to find the root cause of that specific illness.
What Is a Holistic Approach to Medicine?
Holistic medicine seeks to prevent illness by placing a greater emphasis on improving health. In holistic treatment, the illness is observed as an imbalance in the body’s systems. A holistic doctor encourages proper nutrition and avoidance of chemical substances that pollute the body.
What Is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a kind of holistic medicine as it also aims to improve the overall health condition but with a distinctly unique approach as compared to other types of holistic medicine. Homeopathy remedies and treatments are a safe, gentle, and natural system of healing. Homeopathy works with your body system to relieve illness and restore itself. It is extremely reliable to use, even for small children and pets. There is a minimal amount of side effects to homeopathy.
What Is a Homeopath?
A homeopath is a person who treats clients by utilizing homeopathic medicines and homeopathic methods of treatment.
Homeopathic Medicines and Treatments
Homeopathic treatments are known as remedies as they are obtained from natural resources like plants and minerals. These medicines are eco-friendly and cruelty-free. You can purchase homeopathic treatments over the counter from supermarkets, drug stores, and health food stores. They are also very inexpensive. Homeopathic remedies are safe for everyone, including pregnant and nursing women, babies, adults, and the elderly. Homeopathic medicines are administered in such small doses that they do not cause harmful effects on the body.
Holistic vs. Homeopathy
Here are some similarities and differences to understand these methodologies:
- Both a homeopath and a holistic doctor will consider the whole patient. They both aim to improve their overall health condition.
- Both approaches believe that the body can activate a healing response when placed on the least medication.
- Both are used to treat illnesses from the common cold to acute and chronic illnesses.
- Homeopaths prepare the treatment in a tablet or liquid form while holistic practitioners provide options like naturopathy and pharmaceutical drugs.
- Homeopathy is affordable while holistic treatments can range from inexpensive to expensive
- Homeopathic medicines are extracted from natural sources, while holistic medicines can come from the pharmacy, natural sources, or Chinese/Eastern traditional medicines.
- Holistic practitioners frequently suggest diagnostic testing to diagnose and treat the underlying issues while homeopaths do not go for diagnostic tests
- Homeopathic medicines work slowly and gradually while you can see faster results with a holistic approach
Holistic is an absolute term, while homeopathy can be part of the overall (holistic) treatment and approach to medicine. Both focus on the overall wellbeing and improvement of health conditions. I hope now you have a greater understanding of these methods, and how they are different, similar, and effective. If you have any additional questions about how holistic medicine could be the right treatment for you, do not hesitate to contact our Holistic Medicine Clinic.