If you’ve suffered an injury due to an accident or incident that was beyond your control, you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim; whether you’ve been the victim of a workplace accident, road traffic collision, medical negligence, or violent crime, you could make a no win, no fee claim to seek a compensation payout – but what exactly are no win, no fee claims and what do they cover?

What’s covered by a no-win, no-fee claim?

No win, no fee claims are a form of specialist personal injury claim where you won’t be obliged to pay any costs unless you’re successfully granted a compensation payout. No win, no fee claims cover a wide range of accidents, and the nature and route of your claim will wholly depend on your specific situation. Typically, no win, no fee claims are used to seek compensation for damages and cover extra costs resulting from your injuries, such as current or future loss of earnings due to missed work, loss of profits due to reduced work capability, the cost of any necessary home or vehicle modifications, the cost of subsequent travel fees and even the cost of any special treatment or medical care you may need in recovery. All of the above are covered by no win, no fee claims, providing you’ve collected sufficient evidence and that the injury in question was sustained within 2 or 3 years of making a claim.

What happens after you’ve decided to make a claim?

Once you’ve decided which kind of personal injury lawyer or solicitor can best deal with your case, it’s time to present the evidence you’ve collected, which will form the basis of your claim; this could be anything from medical records and witness statements to police reports and personal documents of specific dates and times. If you’ve suffered an injury on the road due to another driver’s mistake, you can make a claim against their motor insurance company; in the case of non-fatal workplace injuries like trips, slips, and falls, you should be able to make a compensation claim against your employer’s liability insurance provider; if you’ve been the victim of medical or clinical negligence, you should be able to make a claim against the offending healthcare provider using via the NHS’s specialist insurer, NHS Resolution – if a clinical failure occurred within a private healthcare setting, you’ll have to claim directly against the insurer of the specific individual(s) you hold responsible.