The men’s skincare industry has grown rapidly in recent years, and it’s no surprise. Men are taking better care of their skin than ever before. And that means cosmetic procedures such as injectable dermal fillers are gaining popularity among this demographic.
If you’re a man who wants to look his best, dermal fillers can be a great way to get the results you want. But where do you start? This guide will walk you through everything you need to know about these injections and how they can help you look your best.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are substances injected into the skin to correct defects in facial anatomy that occur with aging. Medical professionals inject this into the skin using a tiny needle, and the fillers can last several months before they dissolve naturally.
Patients get this cosmetic procedure to treat lines, wrinkles, and deep creases in the face. You can also get dermal fillers to plump up your lips and improve the appearance of your neck and hands.
Fillers can also be used to add volume back into areas where it has been lost due to aging or weight loss, such as your cheeks. According to APT Medical Aesthetics, dermal fillers are recommended when getting other cosmetic procedures such as facelifts or rhinoplasty.
Are Injectable Dermal Fillers Safe For Men?
Men have always been considered tough. They don’t mind going through physical pain and don’t take too many precautions when it comes to their health. However, when it comes to looking good, men are no different than women.
Men want their skin to look healthy, young, and attractive. As a matter of fact, the number of men who visit dermatologists has increased significantly in recent years. This trend is because they want to look good and feel good about themselves.
Injectable dermal fillers are one such treatment that has recently gained popularity among men. Dermal fillers can be used for various purposes, including anti-aging or correcting wrinkles, deep lines, and scars on your face or neck area.
The procedure is quick and simple with minimal downtime involved. Hence, there are no major risks with these fillers. However, you might experience some mild side effects, such as swelling and redness around the injection site, which usually resolve within a few days after treatment.
What Are The Types Of Dermal Fillers?
There are many types of dermal fillers on the market. Each type has its own unique formulation and benefits, so it’s important to choose the right one for your skin type and treatment goals.
- The most common types of dermal filler include the following:
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Hyaluronic acid is naturally present within the body and helps provide cushioning lubrication and support to skin tissue. Hyaluronic acid fillers are made by extracting this substance from rooster combs or other sources. The hyaluronic acid is then processed into a gel that can be injected into the skin to provide volume.
- Polyacrylamide Hydrogel: This substance is similar to hyaluronic acid but is more viscous. Like hyaluronic acid, polyacrylamide hydrogel helps fill wrinkles by adding volume to the tissue beneath them.
- Collagen-Based Dermal Fillers: Collagen is another naturally occurring substance found within our bodies and is often used as a component in dermal fillers because it provides strength and elasticity to skin tissue. Collagen-based dermal fillers may be used alone or with other substances.
Whichever dermal filler you choose, ensure you consult with your dermatologist first.
Which Parts Of The Body Can A Man Get Dermal Fillers Done?
You can get dermal fillers for different parts of your body. Most commonly, they are injected into the face and lips to increase volume and smooth out wrinkles. But they can also be used to fill out folds in the skin and add definition to certain areas.
Injection of dermal fillers is a non-surgical procedure that can be used to treat wrinkles and folds on the face, neck, and hands. It’s common for women to use injectable fillers, but men can also use them.
The following parts of the body can be treated with injectable fillers:
- Forehead: To reduce frown lines between the eyebrows
- Cheeks: To plump up sunken cheeks
- Jawline: To create a definition in the jawline
- Nose: To correct a crooked nose or nostril flare
- Chin: To define a weak or receding chin
Of course, you can get dermal fillers for other parts of your body. However, ask your dermatologist first about any side effects.
How Long Do Fillers Last?
On average, fillers will last anywhere from six months to a year before they lose their elasticity and need additional injections. However, this varies based on the type of filler used and how often you get injections. In addition, some people may need more than one injection because they have deeper wrinkles or folds in their skin than others do.
The longevity of your filler results depends on several factors:
- The Type Of Filler You Receive: Certain fillers last longer than others, so choosing a filler that has been proven to last for years can help extend your results.
- Your Skin Type And Age: Younger skin tends to heal faster and more completely than older skin, which are both factors that affect how long your fillers will last.
- Post-Injection Care: Properly caring for your skin after receiving injections can help ensure that your results last as long as possible.
Keep in mind that dermal fillers are temporary measures. Consult your dermatologist if you want a regimen that can provide more long-lasting results.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers work by replacing lost volume in your skin, helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles while restoring fullness to your face. The results are immediate because they’re injected directly into the skin without surgery or downtime.
The dermal filler acts as a scaffold in your skin, providing support and structure while increasing volume. This results in your skin regaining its natural shape and contour. The procedure takes place under a local anesthetic so you don’t experience any pain during the procedure.
However, some patients report mild discomfort after their appointment due to swelling or bruising at the injection site. You must follow all instructions given by your doctor carefully after treatment so you can avoid any complications from the dermal filler injections.
The beauty industry has changed in recent years, and it’s not just exclusive to women anymore. Men are looking for ways to care for themselves and feel good about their appearance, including injecting themselves with dermal fillers.
Injectable dermal fillers for men are a great way to address the signs of aging and improve your physical appearance. If you’re thinking about trying them, talk with your local dermatologist to find out more.