A dental emergency can occur at any time without prior notice. In such conditions, having a good emergency dentist can save your tooth and ensure you do not have to suffer through long periods. Some dental emergencies can lead to the loss of entire teeth or severe gum damage. Since most dental emergencies occur from accidents, it is best to be prepared for that.
An emergency dentist is someone who can be your lifesaver in such conditions. Teledentistry.com in Las Vegas to find an emergency dentist is worth checking out.
What are the different dental emergencies that can occur?
Dental accidents are one of the most painful accidents that can take place. Breaking or losing a tooth is not something that cannot be taken a chance with and thus needs to be tended immediately. You might also experience dental trauma to your mouth that, too, deserves immediate attention. In any conditions such as these, the sooner the help, the better it is for your teeth and overall health. It is seen that treatment at the right time can save your tooth, which you might otherwise lose if the treatment comes at a later stage.
Dental emergencies that are most common are:
- Cracked or broken tooth
- Knocked out tooth
- Facial swelling due to a gum problem
- An abscessed tooth
- Gum bleeding
- Cuts experienced on cheek, lips, tongue, gums, etc.
- Exposed tooth nerves
- Unexplainable toothache
Most of the above emergencies need immediate attention, without which the situation might worsen. As already mentioned, time is the most important factor in these conditions, and no time should be wasted before getting in touch with your emergency dentist. While there are numerous dental clinics with good dentists, the waiting time can be long, leading to a loss of precious time.
This is where telehealth providers like Teledentistry come into the picture. Teledentistry offers insurance-backed emergency dental consultations with dentists and 24/7 services to aid you during dental emergencies. Online consultations are possible with Teledentistry which offers immediate and expert attention. Also, you can get numerous referrals to local dentists along with a proper prescription for your consultation.
What are the main causes of dental emergencies?
Let us look at the main causes of dental emergencies.
- Most dental emergencies are caused by accidents that often lead to the breaking or uprooting of teeth. These include car accidents which are known to cause serious damage to the mouth in general and teeth in particular.
- People who are into contact sports face the risk of such dental emergencies, which include cracked and broken teeth, etc. Teeth can often be knocked out in sports, which is a serious accident requiring immediate attention. This is because knocked-out teeth not only damage the dental structure but also cause damage to the gums. It is often found that poor dental hygiene leads to damaged teeth.
- Dental problems like cavities, bleeding gums, gingivitis, and periodontal diseases are best treated at the early stages. Poor dental hygiene is one of the biggest causes of cavities and other dental problems.
- People sometimes consume hard foods that might lead to gum and tooth problems over a period of time. Dental problems often lead to severe and sharp pain in the gum and teeth nerves that is impossible to endure.
At such times, you need to get in touch with an emergency dentist. Teledentistry offers emergency dentists 24*7 so that you do not have to suffer for a long time. With Teledentistry, it is possible to book emergency appointments and contact your emergency dentist virtually in the comfort of your own home.
What are the most common treatments for dental problems?
Dental emergencies come without any prior notice. They need to be treated immediately without any delay. There are numerous dental treatments depending on the type of dental emergency. Dental emergencies like severe toothache, chipped tooth, cracked tooth, broken or uprooted tooth, etc need immediate treatment in order to counter infection and allow the tooth to be repaired properly.
Some common tooth-repairing treatments are:
Root Canal Treatment
In a root canal treatment, an infected tooth from an accident or some damage is saved by clearing out the infected portion from the tooth’s canals. A dental crown is often used to give the appearance of a full tooth.
Tooth extraction is sometimes necessary in order to stop the infection from spreading to other parts of the mouth.
Often gaps and non-infected cavities of teeth can be filled up to give the appearance of fuller and perfect teeth.
Antibiotic treatment and tooth irrigation
Teeth or gum irrigation is the process of removal of small amounts of plaques from the gum and teeth using an oral irrigator. Often teeth are treated with antibiotics in order to treat tooth infections.
How to find an emergency dentist?
An emergency dentist is someone available at all times, especially in cases of dental emergencies. Though the best way to keep dental problems at bay is through proper dental care and hygiene, dental emergencies need more than that; they should be treated immediately.
Sometimes, that is not possible with dental clinics or emergency rooms where the waiting time is quite high. Thus, you need a dental clinic that operates online and is available 24*7.
You must always choose an emergency dentist based on these criteria-
- The dental clinic must be located in a convenient location
- The dental clinic must accept your insurance
- The dentist must provide all kinds of dental procedures and treatments
- The dentist must accept numerous financing options
Teledentistry offers immediate appointments with emergency dentists with the facility of virtual consultation in the comfort of your home. You will connect to an emergency dentist within minutes with a few easy steps. And the best part is that Teledentistry accepts almost all insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.