The best content is critical to website success. With well-crafted content and the right marketing strategies, plastic surgeons can drive web traffic, increase leads, and promote their expertise online.
This guide focuses on the basics of content marketing and how it can help plastic surgeons. We highlight the top forms of content and offer tips.
What Is Plastic Surgery Content Marketing?
Plastic surgery content marketing is the use of blogs, videos, infographics, podcasts, etc. to engage people looking for related information.
Content for plastic surgery professionals requires an extra level of engagement compared to that for other medical professionals. It needs the expertise to help the target audience make well-informed choices about plastic surgery procedures. The right content can ease people’s worries, eliminate misinformation, and guide them through their buying journey.
- Awareness: buyers become aware of their problems and are in need of solutions. Your goal is to educate and engage them about how plastic surgery services are the answer to their problem. Content appropriate at this stage is blog posts, e-books, infographics, video presentations, and webinars.
- Consideration: buyers are already aware of solutions but are not ready to buy yet. You must give them more reason to proceed with their journey. The ideal content here is calculators, comparisons, case studies, white papers, and industry reports.
- Decision: buyers are ready; they have a clear picture of the kind of solution they want but need some final information to decide the brand to go for. Help them choose you. The best content types at this stage are product demos, reviews, and free quotes.
Top Content Types for Plastic Surgeons
Digital Authority Partners says marketers need to figure out which content fits best with their marketing strategies. The content types listed below are best suited for plastic surgery professionals.
Blogs That Promote Plastic Surgery Information
Besides having a website for your plastic surgery practice, you could also add a blog to reach more people. Blogs are one of the best online content tools for your medical marketing strategy because they can spread information and increase visibility.
Blogs not only improve inbound traffic and help acquire new patients but also help establish you as an expert in the industry. Use them to post up-to-date information about your treatments or services, as well as information about health and wellness. For example, talk about healthy ways to eat, exercise, get good nutrition, and look good.
Demonstrate that you care about the well-being of patients and are not only interested in doing business. Here are more tips to enhance blog creation.
- Use featured images. Photos make posts more appealing. The right one helps you send your message effectively. Use original and clear pictures to stand out. Adding images is easy through blog creation tools like Blogger, WordPress, and Wix.
- Include infographics. This content helps you explain complex information like plastic surgery procedures, pre-and postoperative concerns, etc. Use free tools like Canva, Wix, and Piktochart. These tools have great templates you can use so you can create an infographic in minutes.
- Write about trends. Inform your audience about the latest trends in the plastic surgery industry, like body contouring and ear pinning. Trends come and go, so you have plenty to write.
- Use catchy headlines. Announce news, use provocative questions, and keep it straight to the point; appeal to the audience’s thirst for knowledge.
Before-and-After Photos to Educate Patients
One of the most engaging and educational resources for plastic surgery professionals is before-and-after photos. These could be photos of your previous clients showing how your expertise has helped them with their physical issues.
You can also turn each set of before-and-after photos into a case study that describes a procedure, the pros and cons, treatment alternatives, and other relevant information. Keep the following in mind:
- Create the best photos with proper lighting. Take pictures in a well-lit room with a neutral background. Use a good camera, not just a smartphone camera. You may hire a professional to help you take excellent shots.
- Keep photos consistent. All your before and after shots must be from the same room, lighting, and standard camera angle. The angle of the picture depends on what part of the face or body you are trying to highlight.
- Show accurate results by avoiding filters. Do not use any photo software filter or app to alter your images.
- Choose the best by taking a lot of photos. Do not just take one shot but several, and select the best one for your content.
Plastic Surgery Videos to Enhance Awareness
About a third of the video marketers polled around the world want to increase sales and bring in more money in 2022 using videos. A similar proportion said they aim to enhance brand awareness to gain new audiences. Strive to do the same.
Try creating your own plastic surgery video channel to publish your video content. Post original, high-quality videos to engage your audience. Because videos are viewable anywhere, especially on mobile devices, you can reach more people than blogs and other types of content. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Use inspirational videos. Create videos that show how you changed someone’s life after plastic surgery. Demonstrate how you handled patients with care and how you valued their issues.
- Engage patients with Q and A videos. Patients may have issues and worries about plastic surgery, and you can help them get expert answers through video.
- Try “A Day in the Life” content. Cater to people who want to pursue a career in plastic surgery by creating this video content.
Gated Content to Lead Customers to Your Offer
Gated content requires your audience to perform an action before accessing it. Your audience needs to enter their contact information, like their name, email address, and location.
Some examples of gated content include checklists, e-books, whitepapers, case studies, and webinars. Its goal is to lead your prospects while they move down the buyer funnel and finally convert. Here are some strategies for creating the best-gated content for your audience.
- Create content relevant to every stage of the journey. Use the buyer journey we discussed early on to create gated content to support your customers through conversion.
- Provide an incentive. Think discounts on services, free consultations, free e-books, special deals during holiday seasons, etc., for prospects who signed up.
- Support with a great landing page. Ready your landing page with engaging content that leads your audience to your offer. Avoid distractions by keeping the page simple, your offers well-described, and your call-to-action (CTA) front and center.
With content marketing for plastic surgery, you can engage your audience, get more people to your site, and advertise your practice online. Use the most relevant content type for every level of the buying funnel. By giving your prospects well-written, high-quality, and useful content, you can help them decide to buy from you and become loyal customers.