Virtual healthcare is one of the industries that have been on the rise lately. The world has been adopting numerous digital solutions for a while now, but this type of service has skyrocketed during the pandemic. With remote medical care being in high demand, there is no wonder that all kinds of healthcare institutions and specialists have been in dire need of reliable and convenient digital solutions to use in their work.
Luckily, virtual conferencing solutions have come to the rescue in such spheres as business, education, leisure, and, of course, medicine. Thanks to virtual call software providers, it is now possible to embed video conferencing solutions in all kinds of applications. Digital Samba alone is a company that delivers excellent live video solutions for the medical sphere. Read along to find out everything about telehealth and incorporating video call services.
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth, or telemedicine, is a medical practice that implies treating patients remotely. In many instances, patients are unable to visit a hospital regularly or at all. This might be the case because of weather conditions, illnesses, physical incapability, financial issues, and more. Thanks to telemedicine, patients can communicate with their doctors remotely using video calls, regular audio calls, electronic messages, etc. This way, doctors can learn about the patient’s concerns, offer some advice, recommend a healthcare institution nearby, prescribe pills, and so on.
Often, telemedicine is called virtual care, but they are not the same thing. Virtual care is a concept that means all the digital solutions used by doctors and patients to communicate and perform medical care. This means not only using video conferencing and audio calls but also utilizing features like scheduling appointments, sending notifications about checkups, and more. Virtual care is possible today thanks to video call technologies that come with a set of handy features.
Embedding Virtual Care Solutions in Your App
One way to include virtual care services in your mobile or web application is to hire a developer or a team of professionals to write the code from scratch and design everything from the very beginning. This approach has a few disadvantages, which include big costs, lengthy development, and expensive maintenance afterward. Building custom solutions from scratch would require maintaining dedicated servers, doing regular updates, etc. This is always costly and demanding.
Another way is what most companies prefer to do in this situation. There are platforms that offer top-quality video conferencing solutions that can be added to any software or website. Digital Samba is one of the platforms that provide video call software with a bunch of useful features. Samba Live can be embedded into any application or website smoothly and quickly. This way, you can benefit from everything that this video software has to offer without maintaining or updating it yourself. Here is why you should choose Digital Samba to embed into your medical app:
- GDPR-compliant – this service is legal and operates under EU regulations. It is especially important to ensure safe and legal operation when it comes to such sensitive data as video content and health-related information.
- Secure – all types of digital solutions that work via the Internet need to be safe for use as it is so easy to fall under a hacker attack today. With end-to-end encryption or E2EE, this service guarantees the full safety of your personal data and all information transmitted over video conferencing channels.
- User-friendly – medical care needs to be accessible for everyone, and the main objective of virtual healthcare is to make it as simple as going to a doctor’s office. Modern video conferencing software is intuitive, and everyone can use it without having special knowledge. This video call service operates in any browser across all devices, from computers to smartphones, which makes it accessible to all demographics.
- Proper medical care – with video conferencing software, it becomes possible to keep in touch with your doctor at all times. Video calls can be used for checkups, and instant messages or notifications can keep you updated in the meantime.
By simply embedding video call software in your application, you can receive not only an opportunity to communicate via real-time videos but also a set of other useful features.
Additional Features of Video Calling Software
For a long time, video calls have been used for their primary purpose, which is communication. However, it is not enough to simply talk over a video call today, especially if you are receiving medical assistance. This is why modern video conferencing software comes with a range of features that allow using a single platform without additional apps and sites. Here are some of them:
- Video recording – if you need to record your medical appointment for future reference, this can be done in a few clicks. The recorded video will be stored in a cloud for easy access from any device.
- Chat – when there are issues with your mic or it is difficult to speak because of health-related reasons, it is possible to use a chat box right during the call. If more than two people take part in the video call, this is a nice tool to write down your thoughts without cutting other people off.
- Screen share – sometimes, it is necessary to show a video clip, a picture, or a document on your device to the other video call participant. You can do this by screen sharing instead of downloading the files and sending them over. It is a convenient and quick way of sharing the necessary information.
Apart from that, there are features like a library for shared files, automatic notifications, a digital whiteboard, and more. All of them can be used to facilitate your virtual healthcare experience. New opportunities will appear in the future to make remote medical care better.