The potential benefits of artificial intelligence (AI) in health care are myriad: predicting readmissions, making treatment suggestions and monitoring patient flow. But how can your hospital best make use of the rise of AI technology, and what are the possible problems you could face as AI use becomes more widespread?
AI tech is everywhere, from your Amazon account to your car, and it’s made life easier. For healthcare organizations, AI will revolutionize how you treat patients and predict trends down the road, but the technology isn’t there yet.
While some electronic health record systems and medical devices use components of AI technology, it’s not widespread or as advanced as it could be.
However, it’s important to start preparing for AI now so your facility remains on the cutting edge and can constantly be improving patient care.
- extract quality measures from clinical data
- make treatment suggestions
- tailor the presentation of patient data and care recommendations
- monitor changes in the community that could affect patients coming into the hospital, and
- predict readmission rates.